Thursday, July 26, 2007

A sad farewell . . .

So, a lot of things have happened in the last month. First off, I've said goodbye to Rigobert -- he's being retired to the junkyard after a career-ending collision. And how much is he worth? Apparently $670 according to the appraisers -- more than I would have paid for him! However, not quite enough to buy another car yet . . . hopefully by the end of the summer I will have a new addition to my family.

Also, I recently went on two trips to the States. One for my grandmother's (on my father's side) 90th birthday. She's the only 90 year old I know that e-mails and move around with ease. While there (in Eastern Washington) I also was able to see all my relatives that I haven't seen since my father passed away, so it was pretty sweet to catch up with them. Drove through Glacier National Park on the way home -- all in all a pretty sweet trip!

Second trip was to . . . uh, where wasn't it to?!! We drove down through Yellowstone (saw Old Faithful, and many other geysers, hot springs & waterfalls), Grand Teton NP, Utah (saw the Mormon temple in Salt Lake city), went rock climbing in a state park (I forget the name of the place), Zion NP (amazing rock climbing there), and finally the GRAND CANYON!! We spent a day hiking down the canyon, camped out, hiked halfway up, camped, then hiked out. Well, that's how it went for Jason, Jen and I. Brian and Mom ended up spending a second day at the campsite halfway up and made it out the next morning (it might have been a little too much to handle -- BUT, they made it out alive!!). Now that was a sweet trip!! Make that specTACULAR!!

When I was dropped off at home, my family took most of my belongings with them as I've decided to leave Lethbridge. I know what you're thinking -- didn't you just decide to go back to school like 5 months ago. Yes, it's true, but apparently I've changed my mind again. I'm such a restless person and I'm having trouble containing that. Luckily, Mom and Brian have been pretty understanding about moving all of my stuff twice in 5 months. I'll try not to do that again so as not to push my luck too much!! Anyways, I'm heading to camp this weekend as they're short on 'mature' female staff members (does that mean I'm mature?).

Oh, a special note here must go out to Luke, my climbing buddy who I've missed dreadfully and whose expressions came up repeatedly, especially on our hike down the canyon. Such expressions include, but are not limited to:

*"Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."

*"Room for one more . . ."

*" . . . and then I found five dollars."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy!

I'm Deep Sea Danny at WEM . . . so if you ever see a "4-year-old pirate alligator" walking around the mall, well you just might know him.

How has your summer been? Your trip sounds fantastic. I'd really like to take a road trip like that sometime. Anyways, hope you are doing well.