Friday, April 13, 2007

Social Man


Okay, so here I am reading a little Suicide by Emile Durkheim -- a classic if you know anything about Sociology. Oh, and by the way, not reading it for fun! Anyways, good old Emile serves up a little superhero action Sociology style:
"If, in other words, as has often been said, man is double, that is because social man superimposes himself upon physical man." -taken from Suicide translated by John Spaulding & George Simpson, The Free Press, NY, 1951, p. 213.

So, really, social man is the superior superhero . . . spiderman, superman, batman . . . who cares, they're all subject to SOCIAL MAN!!!

Now that I've really showed how lame I am, or maybe just how much sociology has consumed my life . . . I think I'm done.

After these messages . . .

No comments: