Thursday, April 19, 2007

Uh, hope we didn't give someone malaria . . .


So, recently I received an envelope in the mail from Canadian Blood Services. Me, thinking they might be giving me something cool because I've donated blood a certain number of times and wanted to make me feel special . . . right, like they would do that, apparently I live in a dream world.


ANYways, I opened it up to find that it says they've recently changed some policies. This jogged a memory in my head as I recall that there was an odd new question about handling monkeys and I had a conversation with the nurse about it: a consequence of new policies. Okay, I read on. Apparently one of their new policies has to do with malaria. Hm, sure, and why are you telling me this? Then I read that they're sorry to tell me that I cannot donate blood until I have been back for 3 full years from the high-risk malaria zone.


Again, okay, but what about the last 2 years that I've been donating blood? Oops, hope I'm not a carrier or anything . . . I don't exactly know how malaria works but that has the potential to come back to bite them. The three years are up in July though, so I'll be ready to infect the world again, one pint of blood at a time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey baby, what's your blood type?

Anonymous said...

Was that a pick up line or did you just want to know because you had a blood transfusion lately and don't want to be infected? It's A+ by the way.

-Joy-